Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Glasgow
Converting a “normal” bathroom into a wetroom offers a number of benefits:
- Space – removing a bath and/or shower tray frees up a large amount of space, making even the smallest bathroom feel more spacious.
- Practicality – for older people or those with impaired mobility, a wetroom makes showering so much easier and more accessible.
- Easy to clean – with no bathroom and shower tray/enclosure to clean, cleaning the bathroom becomes much less labour intensive.
- Style – a wetroom’s minimalist design confers a clean, streamlined & modern look that is very much on trend.
- Value – the desirability of a wetroom with homebuyers means that having one fitted can increase the value & saleability of your property.
- Protection – the tanking/waterproofing technology used in our wetrooms means that, despite what you may assume, your home is better protected from water leaks.
Thanks to our years of experience fitting wet rooms (and converting existing bathrooms into wet rooms) Builders Glasgow has the specialist knowledge and skills required to deliver a quality wet-room installation. One that is carried out professionally to ensure that it is fully waterproof, finished to a high standard and will give years of reliable service. We specialise in a number of areas such as new kitchens & house extensions. We can make your wetroom concept a reality.
Why choose wetroom installation by Builders Glasgow?
As a company operating in the home improvement sector, we have heard from many people who have been let down by other firms’ lack of professionalism during wetroom conversions – firms failing to start (and thus finish) on the date agreed, walking off jobs midway with no explanation or leaving work unfinished in order to attend other sites. Such unacceptable behaviour causes considerable inconvenience to homeowners, particularly where a bathroom is left in an unusable state.
At Builders Glasgow we believe not only in quality workmanship but also in treating our customers with respect by keeping to agreed dates and schedules (as far as possible) and communicating openly with you so there are no unwelcome “surprises”.
A wetroom is a significant investment in your home so you require the services of a wetroom company that can maximise your return on that investment by installing to the highest of standards. Builders Glasgow is that company.
We design, supply & fit wetrooms
Builders Glasgow works with you to take the wet room ideas in your head (or designs that you have sketched or seen online) to turn them into a plan that we can realise for you. At our initial home consultation (free and without obligation), we’ll survey your existing bathroom then discuss your needs and desired design for the planned wetroom. We’ll take this information and create a buildable design and your written quotation.
We source, supply and fit wetroom products (bases, trays, screens, membranes) and suitable bathroom products (tiles, showers, basins, W.C.s, hardware) from all of the leading suppliers. Thanks to our access to an extensive range of products, we are confident that we can bring to life any design style you may have in mind for your wetroom. In addition, the trade prices we have access to from suppliers means that we can save you money over buying privately.
You can rely on Builders Glasgow to design, supply & fit a wetroom to be proud of. We are a reputable Glasgow construction company.
Our full wetroom installations include
Typically our wetroom design, supply & fit quotations will include:
- Strip-out & disposal of your existing bathroom (includes tiles, WC, basin, bath, shower)
- Provision of all necessary trades (no need for you to locate plumbers, electricians, etc.)
- Wetroom products from an array of the leading suppliers & manufacturers.
We can source, supply & fit products in a multitude of styles and colour options to suit any taste including:
- Shower screens
- Underfloor heating
- Showers Fittings
- Wall-hung basins
Turning a bathroom into a wetroom
- Remove existing tiling from walls & floor then dispose
- Disconnect, remove then dispose of old bathroom suite
- Lift floor boards & fit angled platform for base.
- Replace drainage, plumbing & electrics to suit wetroom
- Prime walls and floor
- Fit wetroom base then restore the floor to level.
- Seal all gaps to prevent water leaks
- Waterproof & tank the area & fit gasket
- Paint ceiling
- Fit underfloor heating (if purchased)
- Tile walls & floor
- Fit WC, basin & shower & seal
- Fit screen (if purchased)
- Clean installation
- Final pre-handover check of functionality & finishing
How do I arrange a wetroom quote/installation?
Here at Builders Glasgow we know that phoning companies to discuss wetrooms and arrange a quotation can feel a little daunting. Will I get the hard sell? Will I be kept on the phone for ages? Have no such fears with us! We have no need for or interest in “hard sell” tactics and we won’t keep you on the phone any longer than is necessary to get a few key details. Our aim is always to be as open and straightforward with you as possible.
Our friendly team is happy to answer any wetroom-related questions you may have regarding anything from organising a quote through to the installation process. We even have an online contact form you can fill in to get in touch with us (so you don’t even have to phone) to arrange a consultation.
Here’s a brief guide to the stages of arranging your new wetroom:
call us on 0141 471 9155 or contact us using the online form to talk over your requirements & arrange a suitable day/time for our free in-home consultation.
Wetroom fitting for private & business clients
Builders Glasgow can provide a wetroom design, supply & fit service designed around the specific requirements (and budgets) of a range of different client groups such as:
- Private homeowners
- Leisure spas
- Sports clubs
- Private members’ clubs
- andlords – private & commercial
- Letting agents
- Business owners
Glasgow Wetrooms FAQ
Generally speaking, yes. Wetrooms can be installed in upstairs bathrooms, as en suites; anywhere you could have a conventional bathroom should allow for the installation of a wetroom, provided that the room is properly tanked to prevent water leaks.
There is a wide variety of materials that can be used for surfacing a wetroom. Personally we would recommend porcelain or ceramic tiles over natural stone tiles as these are porous so require annual re-sealing to keep the water out. Alternative options are concrete to achieve an industrial look or a range of wet-wall sheet type products including Corian. On a wetroom floor it is possible to fit vinyl flooring but we would recommend floor tiles both to give both longevity and better aesthetics in a home setting.
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Falkirk
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Paisley
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Dunfermline
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Kilmarnock
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Stirling
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Hamilton
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Ayr
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Motherwell
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Cumbernauld
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Coatbridge
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Airdrie
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Livingston
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Alloa
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Dumbarton
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Greenock
Wet Walls & Wet Rooms Bearsden